Write for Midwifery Matters or our Blog
Midwifery Matters: a guide to magazine content
Its fantastic news that you would like to write an article for Midwifery Matters. Our magazine reaches all our members every quarter, and is often found on university shelves. Your article ideas can be discussed with any member of the Steering Group, the magazine editor or a member of the Editorial Group. Here is a short guide to help answer some of your questions:
- Articles can take many forms: academic, creative such as a poem, artistic, topical, reflective, experience based, reportage
- Reference where necessary
- Word count is variable but should be between 1000 – 2000 including references
- Try to include photographs – the highest quality possible, make sure you have permission to use it and remember to credit the photographer or source
- Include a short biography about you (2-3 sentences) and a head and shoulders photo
- Some articles will appear on our website or social media, please advise us in advance if you don’t wish this to happen
- If you wish to advertise an event, please make this clear and it can also be included in our Events section
Your article will be proof read by our Editorial Group. If there are minor corrections we will go ahead and publish. If major changes are required we will return your article by email with suggestions and a deadline (likely to be 3-4 days).
Deadlines for the magazine are flexible but rough guides are:
Spring: 15th January
Summer: 15th April
Autumn: 15th July
Winter: 15th October
The editor can be contacted via firstname.lastname@example.org
Please advise when you send your article if you would like PDF or print copies of the final version.
Thank you for choosing to write for Midwifery Matters.
Write for our blog on the website
If you feel your article would be great as a blog, you can request it to be published on the website. Or you can have your article published on the website and the magazine!