Save the Midwife
We’ve launched a major campaign to save the midwifery profession in the UK.
The profession of midwifery is under threat as never before in modern times in the UK:
- The statutory role of Supervisor of Midwives scrapped
- No midwives on the NMC board
- Workplace bullying and exploitation of midwives an everyday occurrence
- Independent midwives effectively prevented from practising
- Midwifes’ role undermined and eroded
- Continuity of care continues to be undermined in spite of evidence and even policy
Together we can change this. We believe that midwives and women want the same thing – a strong autonomous midwifery profession giving continuity, choice and excellence for women, men, babies and families.
Help us to Save the Midwife. We want:
‣ Midwifery leadership at every level, including senior decision-makers
‣ A new Midwifery Council
‣ Implementation of Better Births including continuity of midwifery care
‣ A solution for independent midwifery