BIRTH IN THE BALANCE
Can midwives and mothers together balance safety, experience, dignity, care and joy in childbirth?
Does the media help or hinder midwives who support women’s choices?
We know that some women, and some labours, sometimes need help. How can we use intervention wisely when needed, without interfering in normal birth?
Birth can be traumatic, or even tragic. How do we minimise these outcomes? If they do happen, what should we do next?
ARM is tackling the big questions. We can’t promise all the answers, but our conference aims to help midwives and mothers to live in the solutions rather than the problems.
1st December 2018 08.30 – 17.00
The Village Hotel
- Hannah Dahlen
- Mavis Kirkham
- Sheena Byrom
- Clare Coggin
- Denis Walsh
- Helen Shallow
- Artist-in-Residence Laura Godfrey-Isaacs
Workshops and Extras:
- Upright Breech Birth
- Journaling for Women and Midwives
- The Midwives’ Haven
- Care in Bereavement
- Leicester Home Birth Team
- Fearless Birth
- Social Media for Midwives
Plus: Update on the Campaign for a New Midwifery Regulator; why feminism matters for birth; how to spot media manipulation (and what to do about it!) and lots more!
Plus: 30th November 2018 Pre-conference buffet supper, quiz and entertainment (£20 supplement)
Early Bird Tickets (til 31 July 2018): £80 ARM members; £90 non-members; £35 student and concession ARM members; £45 Student and concessions (non-members)
Normal Price Tickets: £90 ARM members; £100 non-members, £45 student and concession ARM members; £55 student and concession non-members
To buy tickets, click on the ticket button (above) which will take you to our shop. Then use the drop-down menu to add the correct ticket(s) to your basket. Don’t forget to use the early-bird price if you’re purchasing prior to 31st July 2018. And remember to add your buffet supper to your order.
(Lunch & refreshments included and attendance certificates will be available).
* Please use the ‘Additional Information’ box to let us know about any accessibility requirements and for specific dietary requirements such as gluten intolerance. There will be a good variety of vegetarian, vegan and non-vegetarian food in the delicious buffet. The venue is wheelchair accessible and has a toilet for disabled people. Babes in arms are very welcome (free).
* Non-members: It only costs £40 per year to join and £20 for students/concessions so if you’re not already a member it may well be worth joining before purchasing a ticket, and that way you’ll get the magazine four times a year plus discounts for all the study days and conferences too.
We have quite a few local ARM members who have offered to provide a bed (or sofa or floor space) so please get in touch with Kate at firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like to arrange accommodation. Or you can stay at the Village hotel which offers really nice rooms for a very reasonable price and has a swimming pool, spa etc to make your conference stay a real treat.
We don’t offer refunds on tickets once they have been purchased but if you can no longer use your ticket you’re welcome to sell or give it to someone else (just let Linda Wylie know by email if you change the name of the ticket holder email@example.com).