Welcome to the ARM
The Association of Radical Midwives provides support and information for those wishing to give or receive good sympathetic, personalised midwifery care. We are stakeholders in policy-making at local, national and international level and we’re involved with many campaigns and projects relating to midwifery and maternity care. We have contacts and local groups all around UK, as well as our overseas members.
We are a UK Registered Charity, No.1060525
What are our objectives?
- To reestablish the confidence of the midwife in her own skills as an autonomous practitioner
- To share ideals, skills and information
- To provide support and care for midwives, other health professionals and maternity service users
- To provide leadership in campaigns to further our vision
- To encourage midwives in their support of women’s active participation in birth
- To reaffirm the need for midwives to provide continuity of carer
- To explore and support midwives in delivering alternative patterns of care
- To encourage evaluation of developments in our field